Last Updated 10 September 2015
The information we collect
Wild Strait operates the website http://www.wildstrait.com. As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our websites and services:
- Personally identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you complete one of our forms to register for enquiries, call backs, competitions, newsletter subscriptions, ebooks, webinars, events, paid services or any other offer we have. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide your information.
- Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our websites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who we share this information with
- Your details are securely stored by Wild Strait or our service providers. For any information stored with our service providers our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any unauthorised use.
- Personally identifiable information may be shared with business partners when Wild Strait has collected information for services we deliver together in partnership with that business partner (for example, a training course that Wild Strait is marketing and administering but a training business partner is delivering).
- Outside of the circumstances outlined in point 2, we will not share personally identifiable information with business partners or any other third parties without your prior permission (which we would usually do at the time of collection).
- The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
- Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
What else we do with personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To process any transactions that you might make on our website
- To help provide any other services that you have requested
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, or market research that we might undertake
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
What about cookies?
Cookies can also provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (e.g. Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (e.g. Chrome, Microsoft Explorer, Firefox or Safari) and what domain you are accessing our websites from. With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our website
- Tune our website to provide the most value to our users
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
What about our advertisers and business partners?
Opting in and opting out
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services, such as our email newsletters, and to opt out of those services at any stage. This does not apply to paid services where opting out of the service will be subject to the terms and conditions agreed for the provision of that service.
Can we change this policy?
Access to your information
The Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct your personal information. To find out more or to notify us of changes you may contact us by mail, email, or telephone:
Mail: Marketing and Communications Manager, Wild Strait Limited, PO Box 10168, Wellington 6143, New Zealand
Telephone: +64 4 499 6544